… Of The Sun!!!
Campfire Audio Solaris Hybrid IEMs were announced today (October 26th), and I received these new CFA flagships a few hours ago (sent to me as a review sample). I know there is a lot of excitement around this release, and of course everybody wants to know how it sounds. A comprehensive review takes time to complete, and even out-of-the-box sound impressions take a while. Obviously, I’m not ready to share about the sound of Solaris yet, besides, Ken (the Man behind Campfire Audio) suggested to let them burn in for about 5-6 days before critical listening. He also kindly asked if it’s possible to share first impressions about Solaris, even if it’s not related to the sound.
For as long as I have been writing my reviews, I don’t ever recall making an “unboxing” post. But as we all know, a picture is worth a thousand words, so before I’m ready to share with you thousands of my words, let me start first with a few dozen of pictures to tell their own story.
- 5Hz–20 kHz Frequency Response
- 115 dB SPL/mW Sensitivity
- 10 Ohms @ 1kHz Impedance
- Less than 1% Total Harmonic Distortion
- 24K Gold Plated Lid
- Durable PVD Finished Body
- 2 Balanced Armature Drivers with Tuned Acoustic Expansion Chamber (T.A.E.C.) (High)
- Single Custom Ported Balanced Armature Driver (Mid)
- Specially Tuned 10mm Dynamic Driver (Mid + Low) w/Plasma enhanced Chemical Vapor Deposition (C.V.D.) Amorphous Diamond Like Carbon (A.D.L.C.) Diaphragm.
- Beryllium / Copper MMCX Connections
- Stainless Steel Spout
Super Litz cable is made from four large conductors of Silver-plated Copper Litz wire. Each conductor is individually comprised of a selected set of particular diameter strands. The Super Litz cable is the perfect balance of physical gauge and performance. The cable is terminated with our custom beryllium/copper MMCX connectors and over-molded 3.5mm plug. Optionally, you can order a separate cable with 4.4mm termination.
- Campfire Audio Premium Leather Earphone Case
- Campfire Audio Super Litz Cable
- Final Audio E-Type Tips (xs/s/m/l/xl)
- Campfire Audio Marshmallow Earphone Tips (s/m/l)
- Silicon Earphone Tips (s/m/l)
- Campfire Audio Lapel Pin
- Cleaning Tool
- Earphone Protection Sleeve
New Leather Case (next to old one for comparison):
Cable (with optional 4.4mm cable):
Close up of MMCX connector:
Regular SPC Litz vs Super SPC Litz:
Family shot (Solaris, Andromeda, VEGA):